Thursday, February 10, 2011

'Bed Sheets #23' Cover - Jan/Feb 2009

Post updated on Friday, February 11, 2011 @ 9:11pm

Scott had a cover story in the magazine Bed Sheets #23 back in January of 2009. You can download a PDF of the issue here. Below the Blog photos, I've typed up the interview if you'd like to read it that way. You'll notice I've corrected the misspelling of his last name in my transcript...

Scott Moffatt: From boy band to studio rebel

Cover Story: Scott Moffatt

Together with his triplet brothers little angelic Scott Moffatt sang his way through the 90's selling over 2 million albums worldwide and stealing countless hearts along the way. Scott is now back in Bangkok producing bands and working on his solo project. He spoke to Bed Sheets about producing hit albums for Thai bands and why he hates zucchini.

Hi Scott, how's it going? Things are great but I am just getting over a cold right now. What was great and what wasn't about being in the Moffatts? Getting to see the world several times and meeting fascinating people along the way. The partying was pretty awesome too. But it's not easy growing up in public. We didn't go to school so we never really socialized with people our own age. Why did you disband? My brother Dave moved to Australia so we decided to call it a day. He came out around the same time so there were rumors flying around that my dad couldn't handle the fact he was gay but that's not really true. Why did you set up base here? My brothers Bob and Clint moved here and I followed them, but they have since moved to Nashville to do country music. Bangkok life has its ups and downs but the food and girls are always fantastic! You've been producing some of Thailand's top bands, how's that going? Really great! This year I've worked on Slot Machine's 'Grey' album and Brand New Sunset. Their new album is much heavier; we turned the amps up to 11! I did some arranging for indie idols Apartment khumpa and am currently putting the finishing touches on the debut album from Getsunova, who look set to become huge. There's also talk of me producing one of Thailand's most controversial bands, but I don't want to hex that project by talking about before it's confirmed. We heard your nickname is Elvis, please explain. Apparently, when I was two years old I used to stand in front of a mirror wearing shades and sing Elvis Presley songs into ice cream cones. Is there anything you can't eat? Zucchini, I hate that shit! My mum used to cook it all the time, maybe because we were poor and it was cheap. Dreadful stuff!

Photo Credit: Bed Sheets

2 comments:

  1. http://www.bedsupperclub.com/bangkok/en/bedsheets/index.php?doc=bedsheets23

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jamie! I went to that site yesterday on my computer, but it wasn't loading properly. I'll update the post with the link.

    ReplyDelete