Saturday, January 15, 2011

First post! Wish me luck!

I can't believe I'm doing this, but it's probably about time...

First, a little background... I've never blogged before. I have, however, been dabbling in web design/webmastery since I was 12. (For those of you who are curious... I was 12 about 14 years ago...). My first website was Turky's Moffatt Page. Needless to say, it was very amateur (however sentimental I may be about it), and I'm sure its only visitors were family members and select friends to whom I sent the link. :) Next, I started MoffattsFan.com (hence the name of this blog). In its hey-day, MFan.com received ~1000 visitors a month, but unfortunately the boys dissolved their band, and well, we all know the rest of the story...

These days, MFan.com only exists on an external hard drive somewhere in my parents' house, but even though my fansite went the way of most everyone else's Moffatty sites, my love for the Moffatts stayed true. Since the break-up, I've continued to follow them (as much as is possible, with the lack of news out there...). And that brings me to 2009.

Every couple of months, I would scourge the Internet for the tiniest news of the boys. And every couple of months, I had the same result: hardly anything, usually nothing. As Moffatts fans, we all know how hard it is these days to find out what the guys are up to. Every once in a while, sure, there's some little tidbit of news, but that's about it. Most of the fansites are long gone, and most of the fans seem to have gone into hiding (or something).

So then I got to thinking about how easy it would be to follow the boys if there were only something as simple as a Twitter account that was keeping track of several Moffatts news sources and posting news in 140 characters or less! Also, what better way to connect the fanbase that's still out there? Enter my Twitter account: @MoffattsNews.

I've had so much fun over these past two years with this account! I never thought I'd be connecting with other fans across the world and sharing in our Moffattyness! In fact, I had so much fun connecting that the account became more about the fan connections than the news aspect. Sure, it was fun to share what we'd heard of the boys' lives with each other, but as news was (is) scarce, most of our conversations were about other things.

Thus, the account name change from @MoffattsNews to @MoffattsFans. Thus, the creation of this blog. Thus, the future creation of a Facebook fan page (I hope to do this soon!!). I want to keep connecting with other fans, because no matter where we're from on this planet, we all share some little part of our childhood with each other. We were Moffatts fans. We're still Moffatts fans. I've tacked the 's' onto the end of my original site's name MoffattsFan, because it's not about just me, one fan. I love you guys! Let's make this site about Moffatts connections around the world! And, of course, I'll continue to share whatever news I hear of the boys with all of you, as long as you'll share your news with me!

P.S. I promise future posts will NOT be this long. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment