Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dave's "Coming Out" Article (2004)

While I can't tell you why, I can tell you that I've seen a recent rise in the discussion of Dave's sexuality lately on Twitter (guess it's one of those topics that comes and goes as new people find out, I dunno). Most die-hard Moffatts fans have known for years that Dave is gay - and we love and support him just the same as we always have. Gay, straight, bisexual... who cares? Music is music, and love is love, and none of us can deny that at some point in our lives (hopefully throughout our lives) we're touched by both.

That being said, I found an excerpt from the article from 2004 where Dave admitted to the press that he was gay. While it wasn't a secret at the time (he came out to his family years before, and many fans already suspected), I think this was the first instance where he was interviewed about it, and I thought some might like to read it.

Read the excerpt here: 'Ex-teen idol comes out, moves into 'Peg'

For the full text, you'll need to subscribe to the Winnipeg Free Press... If you so choose, I have searched their archives and provided the link for you here: "We discovered 1 results for Dave Moffatt On August 19, 2004 in newspaper articles found in our archive!"

No comments:

Post a Comment