Monday, January 31, 2011

Articles, Interviews, Mentions

I've gathered together a couple of online articles/interviews featuring, at the very least, mentions of the boys. The two at the top are the most recent. The rest are just interesting reads. Please enjoy!

And special mention to another recent article that's not listed above. It's from the Philippine Star, entitled Songwriters Night Features "Jesus Per Jesus" By Curan (Apr 2010). It's not an article on the Moffatts, but in it, Michael Anthony Curan admits that the Moffatts were his true inspiration to pick up a guitar and start making music. I liked what he said, so I wanted to post it. The excerpt is below, and you can read the entire article HERE.

"Coming from the Ka Pedro background, the music of Boyzone, Backstreet Boys, and N’Sync were all fresh air to me. I was impressed with their harmonies and dancing.

"But I wasn’t at all inspired to pick up an instrument or become a musician. I was just contented with being a music fan... until the Canadian teenage band The Moffatts came along.

"Armed with their instruments and simple melodies and lyrics and how the girls respond to them, the band totally changed my life. I know it’s not cool to admit that but I am not ashamed of my roots. The Moffatts were the reason why I picked up the guitar and started writing songs," he shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment